Well, we might only be two-thirds of the way through 2016, but here at Theatre Hub, we're already catching our breath and planning for for 2017!
We have had a the most incredible 2016 thus far...so, in case you haven't caught up with us yet, here's what has happened!
- Our first tour, 'Dominion' was a real journey for everyone involved. We visited three counties in the South West of England (we're based in Torquay) and along the way, we won the Swindon Choice Award at the Swindon Fringe Festival: thank you audience!
- Our tour of 'Twelfth Night', with The Inn Theatre Company (another local group who have produced Dartmouth Shakespeare Week for fifteen years), was a sell-out pretty much wherever it played, and we played some beautiful and unusual venues: Torre Abbey, the Exmouth Festival, Avon Mill Garden Centre, Duckaller Farm and Pecorama, all of whom we hope to revisit in 2017.
- Our involvement with The Inn Theatre Company didn't stop there. We were part of their amazing production of 'Romeo and Juliet' at Dartmouth Castle for this year's Dartmouth Shakespeare Week. And, to cap it all, both 'Twelfth Night' and 'Romeo and Juliet' were in the Tripadvisor top ten must-see shows for the Shakespeare400 celebrations AND were on the Expedia Heritage Map for Shakespeare400 as well!
- We've just started working on a project with ROC Creative in Paignton to present a playback version of 'Macbeth' with two groups of learning-disabled adults. We are already in awe of the talent and enthusiasm of these guys - it's going to be amazing.
- We've launched our very first play-writing competition - visit the web-site for more details - which is also very exciting.
- And now we're planning for 2017's touring production of 'The Tempest' as well as being involved, once again, with Dartmouth Shakespeare Week's production of 'Othello'.
And breathe! We are enjoying every minute of what's happening right now and we'll keep you updated on all the developments and keep you posted with news of when and where auditions are being held for 'The Tempest' and 'Othello'.
More news on the competition will be posted here and put out on Twitter and our Facebook page too.
If you're interested in getting involved or having us come and visit your company or school, we run workshops too: Improvisation, Text and Voice, Character Development, Planning a Production, Touring, Shakespeare. Give us a call, we're here to help!
You can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, message us on Twitter @theatrehubdevon or find us on Facebook.
Look forward to hearing from you!